The state of Maine is now open to all visitors! As part of the Keep Maine Healthy initiative, residents from NY, CT, NJ, VT and NH can travel without restriction in Maine and starting June 26 residents from all other states can travel freely to Maine as long as they follow the rules of and complete a Certificate of Compliance.
About the Certificate of Compliance
Please note, starting June 26 guests arriving at The Francis from states other than NY, CT, NJ, VT and NH will be required to sign a Certificate of Compliance. This form is a part of the state’s Keep Maine Healthy approach. A copy of the form can be viewed here and we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the requirements prior to traveling. The state of Maine is strongly encouraging visitors to be tested and receive results in their home state before traveling to Maine. Websites like Get Tested COVID-19 show local testing options nationwide. If you are unable to schedule a test prior to your visit, COVID-19 tests are available in Maine without a referral from a medical professional. If you have any questions about the Certificate of Compliance or the Keep Maine Healthy initiative, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us as we are more than happy to help make this process as simple and straightforward as possible.
About our COVID-19 Procedures
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our guests and our staff is our top priority. Below is a list of the procedures you can expect to see when you stay with us at The Francis.
GENERAL CLEANING / PROPERTY INFORMATION
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the property
- Disposable masks will be available upon request
- Staff members will be doing extra rounds of sanitizing high touch points like the elevator, handrails, door knobs and common area furniture
- Staff will be given daily health checks by our General Manager ensuring all staff are healthy. Any staff displaying flu-like symptoms will be placed under quarantine for a minimum of two weeks
- All staff will be wearing protective face masks, gloves and carrying sanitizer while walking about the property
- There will be no communal coffee nor water station set up in the lobby however coffee will be available in the room and we will stock extra bottles of water and place them in each room as well as at the check-in desk
- Each room will be stocked with a True HEPA air purifier. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air and “True HEPA” purifiers remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns while meeting strict US Department of Energy Standards
ARRIVALS / CHECK-IN
- Check-in will begin at 3pm to give our team extra time to clean, sanitize and disinfect rooms
- Guests will be assigned a 45 minute window for check-in to ease congestion at 3pm
- Check-ins will be contact-less. When you arrive please call or text us on 207 772 7485. Our front desk team will be onsite to welcome you and assist you with our contact-less check-in
- Registrations will be left in the room to sign and leave for pick-up after checking-out
DEPARTURES / CHECK-OUT
- Final bills will be emailed upon check-out
- We ask all guests to open their windows and/or leave your air filter on high before leaving to increase the amount of air flow into each room
- In order to provide our staff and guests with the safest possible environment, we will forgo stay over housekeeping services. We will stock your room appropriately for the entire stay with extra towels, soaps and coffee. Upon arrival, we will discuss options for additional requests and linen exchanges
- All rooms will be sprayed with a Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant Cleaner that has a 99.999% elimination rate and is proven to eliminate the COVID-19 virus in as little as 45 seconds