COVID-19 Updates & Procedures
Maine’s COVID-19 travel policy now allows residents of all states to travel here without restriction.
About our COVID-19 Procedures
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our guests and our staff is our top priority. Below is a list of the procedures you can expect to see when you stay with us at The Francis.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property
- Masks are available upon request
- Staff members are doing extra rounds of sanitizing high touch points like the elevator, handrails, door knobs and common area furniture
- Staff are given daily health checks by our General Manager ensuring all staff are healthy. Any staff displaying flu-like symptoms will be placed under quarantine for a minimum of two weeks
- All staff are wearing protective face masks, gloves and carrying sanitizer while walking about the property
- Guests are required to wear protective face masks while in common areas and remain 6 feet apart from other guests
- Check-in will begin at 3pm to give our team extra time to clean, sanitize and disinfect rooms
- Final bills will be emailed upon check-out
- We ask all guests to open their windows and/or leave your air filter on high before leaving to increase the amount of air flow into each room
- There is no communal coffee nor water station set up in the lobby however coffee will be available in the room
- Each room is stocked with a True HEPA air purifier. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air and “True HEPA” purifiers remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns while meeting strict US Department of Energy Standards
- Before your arrival your room will be sprayed with a Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant Cleaner that has a 99.999% elimination rate and is proven to eliminate the COVID-19 virus in as little as 45 seconds
Explore our rooms
Historic Charm Meets Modern Amenities
What People Say
We love our guests and they love us back
Gem in Portland!
So glad we stayed at the Francis on a recent weekend getaway to Portland. The hotel is charming, the rooms are large, the service was great, and there are wonderful small touches throughout the property. The surrounding area is less touristy than near those hotels in Old Port, but we found that to be a net positive. There are a number of excellent bars and restaurants within walking distance (try Hot Suppa, Bao Bao, and The Bramhall). Would definitely stay here again.
Lovely Boutique Hotel
Accommodations were great - room was comfortable & clean. Staff was helpful & welcoming. The location was good for sightseeing - we were able to walk around Portland from there.
The Francis is a beautiful boutique hotel with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable Rooms are very clean and unique , Bose speaker to use while taking a shower. The Francis is so conveniently located close to the downtown Portland shops and just across from a great bakery and coffee shop... this is a must stay ... we will definitely be back.
Favorite place in Portland
Great place to stay. Staff was wonderful. Clean and new accommodations. We were able to get an early check in and a late checkout via text message. I would recommend getting the Terrace if possible!!!
Super friendly staff!
Our stay was during the covid19 pandemic. The staff was super friendly and due to limited numbers of travelers, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. It feels like a hotel meets bed and breakfast. There is a lot of charm and character and it is cozy. Great beds and wonderful showers.