COVID-19 Updates & Procedures
As part of the Keep Maine Healthy initiative from Governor Mills, residents from ME, NH and VT can travel without restriction in Maine and residents from all other states can travel freely to Maine as long as they follow the rules of and complete a Certificate of Compliance.
About the Certificate of Compliance
Guests arriving at The Francis will be required to sign a Certificate of Compliance. This form is a part of the state’s Keep Maine Healthy approach and must be signed by all guests over the age of 18. Residents of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are exempt from signing this form. A copy of the form can be viewed here and we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the requirements prior to traveling. The state of Maine is strongly encouraging visitors to be tested and receive results in their home state before traveling to Maine. Websites like Get Tested COVID-19 show local testing options nationwide. If you are unable to schedule a test prior to your visit, COVID-19 tests are available in Maine without a referral from a medical professional. If you have any questions about the Certificate of Compliance or the Keep Maine Healthy initiative, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us as we are more than happy to help make this process as simple and straightforward as possible.
About our COVID-19 Procedures
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our guests and our staff is our top priority. Below is a list of the procedures you can expect to see when you stay with us at The Francis.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property
- Masks are available upon request
- Staff members are doing extra rounds of sanitizing high touch points like the elevator, handrails, door knobs and common area furniture
- Staff are given daily health checks by our General Manager ensuring all staff are healthy. Any staff displaying flu-like symptoms will be placed under quarantine for a minimum of two weeks
- All staff are wearing protective face masks, gloves and carrying sanitizer while walking about the property
- Guests are required to wear protective face masks while in common areas and remain 6 feet apart from other guests
- Check-in will begin at 3pm to give our team extra time to clean, sanitize and disinfect rooms
- Check-ins are contact-less and a plastic shield has been added to our check-in desk in the lobby
- In order to provide our staff and guests with the safest possible environment, we will not enter your room for housekeeping services during your stay. We will stock your room appropriately for the entire stay with extra towels, soaps and coffee. Upon arrival, we will discuss options for additional requests and linen exchanges
- Final bills will be emailed upon check-out
- We ask all guests to open their windows and/or leave your air filter on high before leaving to increase the amount of air flow into each room
- There is no communal coffee nor water station set up in the lobby however coffee will be available in the room
- Each room is stocked with a True HEPA air purifier. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air and “True HEPA” purifiers remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns while meeting strict US Department of Energy Standards
- Before your arrival your room will be sprayed with a Peroxide Multi-Surface Disinfectant Cleaner that has a 99.999% elimination rate and is proven to eliminate the COVID-19 virus in as little as 45 seconds
Explore our rooms
Historic Charm Meets Modern Amenities
What People Say
We love our guests and they love us back
Gem in Portland!
So glad we stayed at the Francis on a recent weekend getaway to Portland. The hotel is charming, the rooms are large, the service was great, and there are wonderful small touches throughout the property. The surrounding area is less touristy than near those hotels in Old Port, but we found that to be a net positive. There are a number of excellent bars and restaurants within walking distance (try Hot Suppa, Bao Bao, and The Bramhall). Would definitely stay here again.
Lovely Boutique Hotel
Accommodations were great - room was comfortable & clean. Staff was helpful & welcoming. The location was good for sightseeing - we were able to walk around Portland from there.
The Francis is a beautiful boutique hotel with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable Rooms are very clean and unique , Bose speaker to use while taking a shower. The Francis is so conveniently located close to the downtown Portland shops and just across from a great bakery and coffee shop... this is a must stay ... we will definitely be back.
Favorite place in Portland
Great place to stay. Staff was wonderful. Clean and new accommodations. We were able to get an early check in and a late checkout via text message. I would recommend getting the Terrace if possible!!!
Super friendly staff!
Our stay was during the covid19 pandemic. The staff was super friendly and due to limited numbers of travelers, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. It feels like a hotel meets bed and breakfast. There is a lot of charm and character and it is cozy. Great beds and wonderful showers.